2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Friday, February 6, 2015

One of THOSE days....

  Dawn is awakening, countless variations on cock-a-doodle-do -- the Boonie roosters are up!    A verse for today: Look at those who are honest and good, for a wonderful future lies before those who love peace.  Yesterday I had multiple opportunities to choose His peace over circumstances......by His grace I actually was able to a good portion of the time....I even came out laughing overall:  woke to a good early start and was plugging away at getting things in-order for heading to campus and my unique brand of jet lag here (intense nausea....unable to do anything but lie there) kicked in.  Finally I was able to get up and dress and the commode blocked up  (in the worst way).  Many tries to fix it, but eventually had to head out to copy handouts for today's seminar.  Put stuff in the car....grabbed more stuff, locked the door, got to the car and realized I'd grabbed my reading glasses, not the keys!  Get the picture??  
   I managed to find an uncharacteristically open slider (much grace there!) and tried again.  On campus there were computer glitches, computer-talking-to-the-printer glitches, and moments of trying to print (sending things to the printer in California----don't think that worked well!) and desperate moments trying to STOP the printer here from the print job....as it spit out the wrong thing at an astonishing rate!!  I was still chuckling though.  The one "OH NO!!!" was when I lost my entire folder of the course.....I'd somehow moved it somewhere else in my computer!  IT maven, Marylou fixed and supported me, all went smoothly and the copying got done!!!
    Finally back at the Owens, I  discovered the commode had not magically fixed itself....Mike and Sam would stop by later.  OK....peaceful for real.  Lots of giving thanks.  Made dinner, lunch, had some tea, dozed off while knitting, watching some TV.  

    The Japanese border came in, and  the house alarm (which has not been armed since I arrived)  mysteriously goes off!!  She and I struggled across our language barrier about the commode and blaring alarm.  Mike, Sam and the kids arrived -- the alarm company called and I was stuttering trying to explain myself -- but Sam was there,  in the nick of time, to give the code!   Mike fixed the commode.  Finally, we relaxed and chatted and laughed some more!!!  Really???  Really!!! 
     Sometime I think the Enemy, when attacking, overplays his hand...  yesterday was one of those days!   I really got an opportunity for a solid dose of: Philippians 4-6: 
    Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. (MSG).  Good reminder to start today--day 1 of the seminar!

No comments:

Post a Comment