2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Monday, February 9, 2015

First Seminar Class ...

     The first class happened on Saturday....a very long day.  We all worked very hard, especially the students as they engaged with counseling concepts and practiced counseling skills.  Our class composition represented Papua, New Guinea,  the island of Chuuk from the FSM, the Marshall islands and the US. Of course thinking about the cultural implications and adaptations of even the micro-skills we were studying presents some unique opportunities.  I already see some format changes that will need to be made.
     I will be meeting 1:1 with my students this week to get in more concentrated practice and to better tailor learning to their needs.  I am grateful for the enormous opportunities small numbers present.
   On other notes, I finally got a moment with the fishies...Joyce Owen and I did some snorkeling yesterday morning.... much needed relaxation!  Last night a contingent of PIU staff/faculty/administrators attended an awards dinner at the Soroptimist International of Guam to see one of the PIU students receive a scholarship award.  It was a great night and most inspiring to see young women working toward, and getting support for, reaching their goals. 
   Photos to come.....misplaced my card reader and things are stacking up in my camera, something I hope to correct today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment