2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Friday, February 19, 2016

Shaping

    Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?  Romans 9:21 (NIV) 
     The call to be shaped, to surrender to the 'bend' that comes.  Pushed out beyond the self designed boundaries of what should be.  In-between rigid walls and swaying reeds lies the pliable moments where things are in flux.  Can I yield to the shaping?  I know who the Potter is, and I am clear that I am the clay, but sometimes I don't want to feel the truth that I am, after all, malleable in His hands. These past few days were challenges for me to let go on multiple fronts.  I found myself in that constant quick-prayer state, giving it over, and over, and over.......
     Despite my best efforts at staving off the jet lag,  I spent a mostly sleepless Thursday night with that debilitating dizziness and nausea that kept me begging God for relief.  I slept fitfully, doing battle, and thankfully managed to make it to morning chapel.  The class roster kept fluxing right up to a few hours before it started.  There will be a returning student from last year to do advanced work.  I rushed home to put together a second course which will run simultaneously with the one I planned to teach.  Queasiness stayed with me till the end, but with the help of a student doing copying prep and assistance in class by the on-island counselor, Kaki, I made it to and through class.   
     This year, we ended with a very small number in the class.   However,  all of the students are Pastors coming in from off campus, and once again from varied cultures. 
Through the sickness, the uncertainty, I felt 'that' peace He promises.  Grateful to be in the unfolding drama of His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment