2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Run and Rest

  Today's study hit the target dead center.  Duguid's words today struck me in a resting moment.  I had to laugh when I realized I'd hit my kindle somehow, and had jumped to reading the last chapter in the book from Chapter 4 where I had been reading!  I get so caught up in running the race that I miss the point all too often.  The rest is in Him.  In Him.  In Him.  Not the nap type rest but that rest in His righteousness....what I don't have to do it ALL myself??  I don't and what is more I absolutely cannot!
   In the space of this moment, right now, I am remembering that key fact.  Praise and glory to God!

   This week's running has been busy, and equally full.  So many times I grinned both inwardly and outwardly at the little blessings of the day.  I finished the last of the 1:1 and 2:1 meetings with students. These outside the classroom times have been rich and watching their progress a source of deep gratitude.  There were meetings about the program, meetings for faculty and staff, meetings about brochures, and a great prayer and pot luck meeting.
     Tuesday's chapel was wonderful and I thank all of you who prayed!  Yes I was nervous, but I relaxed almost immediately when I put up the first slides of the wellness assessment and Dave commented "I never thought of that, in that way?"  Folks participated very actively and the feedback was positivel!
     Of course we managed to get in a boonie stomp to Shark's hole.....and it was a STOMP!!  My calves are still sore from the trek out to the spot, clambering over coral, rocks and sand!

   Enjoy this video highlighting the recent events!   Class three coming up on Saturday!  Prayers coveted for the class and the  upcoming PIU board meeting beginning Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment