2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Nervous Anticipation

     Sitting here in Boulder Creek, California and working on course design I am conscious of that moment of nervous anticipation churning in the pit of my stomach,  as the start of the trip draws nearer.  Communications with colleagues, friends from PIU, and some of my students has begun -- I also feel myself wrapped in sweet memories of times past in Guam. 
     Honestly, some of that nervous anticipation draws me down into self-focus -- 'will I do well?'  Each day here, or in Guam, the answer is the same:   to focus on Him.    A reading for today counsels me from Luke 17:5-6: The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" 6 And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you. 
  
Today, the starting prayer is just that simple:  "Lord, increase my faith!"  The journey continues. . .

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you this moment, dear sister. And, if sorry I wasn't home when you called, am glad to hear of this new work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve....had a nice chat with Deb.....looking forward to visiting with you both in April!

      Delete