2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Island .....a word that conjures up so many images.....strains of old music and an island of loneliness, or that crowded urban center I visited every year from our Connecticut suburb.  Never in those early years would I imagine the depth that that word would become in my life.  This, my fifth trip to Guam and PIU....it is a place that is sacred in my life.  A place God has led me to find and deeply appreciate.  A place that I have grown to love, along with the constant and ever changing people I encounter there.  Through PIU, I have encountered many people from many different islands and have had the pleasure of even visiting distant places such as Yap and Palau in previous years.  This year I ended my month's long journey in Hawaii.  Until now I knew it only from the airport.

Now, thanks to work for the Red Cross, I have encountered yet another island resplendent with its beautiful character  and wonderful people I had the pleasure to encounter.  I delivered two workshops enveloped in the aroma of a  tuberose lei and adorned with a  bright red seed necklace.  Deb, a native Hawaiian gifted me with those and then ended my day by driving me around Oahu  to enjoy a bit of its spectacular beauty.  I even saw a sea turtle swimming below.  She treated me to some local food and we shared some amazing confections "malasadas"  -- from a local bakery in her neighborhood.


Enjoy this little video....the last days activities....(one more video still to come of PIU days)  on Guam, and today's activities in Hawaii.......

No comments:

Post a Comment