2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

People/Events vs. Tasks/Time


Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.  Matthew 6:34 Message

The topic for this blog speaks to why it's been such a long while since last I shared.
     A good friend asked me a few months ago why I thought I felt more "at peace" or "relaxed" here in Guam vs. back home. Beyond the obvious vacation-like tropics, I didn't have a ready answer for him.  These last weeks have been overflowing with opportunities for engaging with people on this campus, at the church and beyond! However, it was the steep learning curve for the on-line technology and new course design which had me glued to my computer and which dominated my time and energy. 
     Preparing for the Palo Alto Social Psych course starting April 1st gave me a bit of insight into my own 'at peace' vs. tense status.  I apparently do much better with people/events than time/tasks as the driving force in my life. 
    When Chuck got here on the 8th, he too came face-to-face with that difference in focus.  His task here is to serve assisting our great IT maven, Mary Lou.  That presented him with the challenge of morphing the  "Silicon-valley" approach into the "island way." Guess how fast the "tension" infected our initial joy at being together!!
     The only  answer?  Actually the same one that works stateside:  "balance, balance, balance!'    
     Balance people/events with task/time and let ONLY God's agenda dominate.
I've made some videos but am having problems uploading.  Sorry.  Will post on FB.




No comments:

Post a Comment