2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Week 2 into 3. . .



What's up? 
     I'm immersed in study about narrative counseling for our upcoming conference: Equipping to Educate, Stories that Help, Stories that Heal.   I find these preparations  both exciting and challenging! 
      I've also begun counseling/mentoring/coming alongside others on campus, including agreeing to an e-mail correspondence,for  the encouragement of  someone in a far distant land.  
     The plans for the trips to Yap and Palau are under way.
     We're up to draft 4 of the counseling curriculum for the seminary.
     I'm back on the worship team at LCG.   Singing on a team reminds me that I really do miss this ministry,  so I am extra grateful that God gives me some opportunity to serve in this way here.
     There has also  been some major walking, some socializing and of course, snorkeling.
     Amazing how fast being busy takes over!  
     As things revved up, I came right up against a crisis of  trust--trust in God, trust in others and trust in myself.  Of course when the first of those "trusts" is out of whack the rest just follows along. On the other hand a large dose of not trusting someone else, or myself can (and did)  kick me right into the loop of distraction and I wound up discovering myself disconnected from trust in God anyway!  .Funny how that all works.  Fear-mired distrust like this can slow me down to a paralytic crawl.  Good thing He loves me anyway, and that love doesn't tolerate fear.
      God provided me with wonderful support;  be it my morning Scripture reading and lessons, the sermons, (a great one from Pastor Steve Bradley who is here on campus this semester), the encouraging chats with Joe, Lisa and my wonderful husband, or just stopping to drink in His creation and listen to that still voice encouraging me to take heart and trust in the One who never disappoints.
      Enjoy the videos!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,
    Thanks - I enjoyed the video.
    Love, Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,

    I will be praying for you. It's inspiring to see you doing what God has called you to!

    All the best,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete