2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Hyper-Venerating"

     Miri coined the word above when cautioning her brother about breathing too hard/too fast!  We all decided it referred to someone who was  falsely effusive in their praise and worship! 
      That got me thinking about the connection between humility and serving.  Going to exotic and exciting places could easily lead to a false sense of self importance.  There have been too many prideful moments throughout my life for me to believe I am not susceptible.  What God continually teaches me here is that it is in the smallest moments that He often uses me....us.  He is there with me in those moments of just enjoying those around me, of sharing in the lives of people who open their hearts and homes; moments of laughter, or struggle on a steep "boonie stomp" (trek in the jungle), or a precious moment of letting go of frustration to ask for prayer.   It is about the wonderful freedom to have people to pray with!
    The attached video highlights things the past few weeks.  The Board of PIU came for the annual meeting to guide the school, Voices of Micronesia sang and performed, I have been attending Lutheran Church of Guam (LCG), Lisa (my wonderful host) had a birthday, and I surprised myself by making the hike to Pagat Cave.   It was extremely steep, but prayer, my walking stick, knee brace, heart meds and group encouragement got me there and back!  Who-hoo!  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,

    Thanks for the video. The song at the end was pretty cool - with hints of raggae. What were the instruments? (I couldn't quite figure out what the higher-pitched instruments were. Flutes of some sort?) Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,
    What a beautiful country... so lush... it reminds me a great deal of Costa Rica. You are indeed having quite a unique and meaningful experience.... enjoy making memories that warm your heart and soul.
    Shalom!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on that strike, Jo!!! You know how
    to do it. Brought back memories of my early bowling
    days. I loved the cave pools...was the water really
    cool? I happy to know things are going so well and
    you're enjoying it all.

    Much love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, thanks for the encouragement with your comments. Chuck, it is a synthesizer which is about all they use. Sometimes I think a guitar or drum. Blessings, Jo

    ReplyDelete