2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Chorus


Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand. Proverbs 19:21
Singing at LCG



      Have I ever  made plans in my life?  Those that know me can stop laughing now.  For a very long time my plans had very little to do with a walk in faith of any kind.  Yet, looking back, the things I did, didn't do, etc. I can actually see His design.  I often laugh at myself when pondering things like "why exactly did I minor in "anthropology" in the early 70's?"  If I forget Who exactly worked all these threads into the pattern of my life He gives me little memory nudges.... OK, yes I need memory nudges much more often now.  His plan proceeds whether I am aware or not, whether I remember or not, but when I do, I have the chance to give Him the glory!  That is where this photo comes in. But first some back story.....
     About 14 or so years ago, when well lapsed from just about everything spiritual,  I was invited to a concert at a local church in our small New England town.  At the end of the "Cantata"  the music director turned to the audience and invited  those who knew Handel's Hallelujah Chorus to join the choir to sing.  I stepped up and enjoyed belting out the soprano parts.  That fall, Steve, the then Choir Director and Associate Pastor at Carlisle Congregational Church (currently he's Senior Pastor).  Invited me to join the choir.  In all my arrogance,  we agreed (Chuck was dragged along), provided Steve knew we weren't going to be members of the church.  He smiled, and they all started praying for us the minute we stepped through the door!  The rest is history.....and here we are, "glory be to God!".
     Which brings me back to the photo:  yes that is me this past Sunday,  in the midst of the choir  at the Lutheran Church of Guam, responding to an invitation from the Pastor for those who know Handel's.......
     Full circle.......albeit a bit more difficult to hit those high notes now.........  God bless!  Jo

1 comment:

  1. "Sounds" wonderful! Thinking of you often and
    sending lots of love.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete