2017 Conference!



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

It's 2017 and this year it is a very short trip with a very targeted purpose. To present at the Minister's Equipping Conference. Our focus: Souls in Our Care, Connecting Counseling and Pastoring.

As always your prayers and comments are definitely coveted and encouraged!

Monday, January 18, 2010

     We four hustled this morning packing lunch, books and whatnot (of course, I had my small desk fan in tow amidst the computer, books, and other academic paraphernalia). The day started with a campus wide rally and worship and rally. Clearly a profound sense of fun and family permeated the event! It was delightful! Then a staff meeting and new faculty orientation. Immediately Marci and I were brought on board. What impressed was, despite the chaos and  stress of the semester start, there was a clear sense of hard work -- a climate of support and encouragement among staff and students alike.

     Back in our offices, when chatting with Marci about the things before us, I experienced the full weight of God's hand in all of this.....and wept at the miracle that is Him. We talked with another MFT here regarding Marci's counseling and I was able to begin to help shape things, by creating a first draft of a referral form. It is releaving to see the possibilities for clinical hours for Marci begin to materialize.
     My first night of class was a surprise! I hear Steve S. saying in our long ago meeting in California (when he and Dave came to talk with us): "flexibility, flexibility, flexibility" An hour before class I discovered my room full of students and food ready to celebrate for the opening night event.   Once that was straightened out, I found myself with my class of three. Things didn't go as planned, so we were unable to do the first night recording. We agreed on breaking early  and havee a longer class on Wednesday! What a delight the class was! I began to go over the syllabus, and felt a check in my spirit. Instead I gave a testimony speaking about God's hand in bringing me here. This opened up a great discussion and led seamlessly into the teaching for the night using our genuine exchange as the focus of "interviewing" skills.   Yes it was a true delight!
     Steve S.  has gone to Palau (Dave leaves tomorrow). While Steve is there  he and Anne have generously loaned us their car--a quirky Rav4 that requires getting in and putting the key in the ignition -- within 30 seconds of unlocking the door or the alarm will go off! Try doing that in the dark!!  I am bringing my headlamp for Wednesday night's class!!!

     So I've driven at night and day now and mercifully have survived! PTL!  Here is today's video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment